Friday, October 8, 2010

Breakfast Pies!

These are one of my new favorite breakfast-for-dinner meals! I can see many possibilities...I may try them with just bacon next time for the filling.

Adapted from Allrecipes

3/4 pound bulk sausage (I used hot italian sausage)
1/8 cup chopped onion
1/8 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough (NOT Grands)
3 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown meat and veggies in a skillet until browned and the meat is fully cooked. Separate the biscuits and press into bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup. Fill each dough cup with sausage mixture. Mix together eggs and milk, and divide between the cups. Sprinkle each cup with cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set.


Note: I used the Grands biscuits for these and they were WAY too big. There wasn't much filling in each cup:) They were still good, but I will definitely use regular biscuits next time.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: