Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome to My Recipe Blog!

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my new blog. I already have a crafting blog, but I've really been wanting to expand into recipes too.

I LOVE to cook and bake, and have more cookbooks than I can probably use. I tend to collect recipes, and enjoy trying new ones all the time. So here is my first contribution.

This is my mom's family recipe for cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately it's a little vague, but that's how they cook. It's a pretty forgiving recipe though. We almost always make them for Christmas morning, but they are really easy (just not on the waistline) and are good for any special day! I would post a pic if I had one, but I don't, so here is a pic of a 6x6 recipe card I made for a swap on SCS instead.


Cinnamon Quickies
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 Tbsp shortening
2/3 cup milk
softened butter
brown sugar
cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Mix flour, baking powder and salt, and then incorporate shortening (use fork) and then milk. Roll out to 1/4" thickness and spread with softened butter, sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Roll into a tube and cut into 1/2" sections. Arrange in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.

No comments: